Tuesday 12 February 2013

Make time for yourself!

As a mum it is hard to make time for yourself but at last I have decided I do need time to myself too so that I can have different topics to talk about with others but bring something back into my relationship with my husband too. By making time for me, I think I will be a better wife and mum as I will be able to have more focus and I am already feeling more organised. My head space though still jumbled is sorted into a pile of different jumbles. Making time for me gives my brain something else to think about and if Faith is having a bad day it also gives me something to look forward too and escape to, even if just for a few short minutes every now and then.

My first step was getting some exercise something that hasn't really existed for me for a long time, except for the occasional walk, I wanted something more so I have started swimming in the morning. There is a indoor pool not far from our house so I am only out for about 45minutes but those 45 minutes are precious and important. I only go during the week as it fits better to our routine but I love it. I have conversations with different people and when swimming I think of different things or nothing at all. Sometimes I get great ideas but most of the time I just like the repetition of up and down the pool. I have been going now for 5 weeks or so and my stamina is increasing and I can swim more laps. Apart from my swimmers falling apart and learning the hard way, why I should wear goggles - I couldn't see after three days of opening my eyes under the water, I just like looking around while I swim, but the cloud I saw for hours after ward and the stinging pain, goggles became a urgent requirement. Swimming has been a wonderful way to start the day.

Another way that I have found for me for something at home any time of the day or night, is to begin reading a book called the The Artist's Way - A 12 week course in discovering and recovering your creative self, sounds exciting, I'll keep you posted on my journey. So amidst the craziness of my life I will keep remembering to make time for myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment